The Coronation Street Experience is an external, guided walking tour of the Coronation Street set with the experience lasting approx. 90 mins (“Tour”). Guests will walk past many familiar places such as The Rovers Return, Roy’s Rolls café, and Audrey’s Salon, down the famous cobbled Coronation Street itself, and along Rosamund Street and the newly extended Victoria Street. You will also be taken to the guest experience centre, including a cafe, cinema, and exhibition area.
All tours for Coronation Street commence at the main entrance which is located on Trafford Wharf Road.
Please check the date and time of your Tour. You are expected to arrive for the Tour at least 15 minutes before your allocated Tour time, as shown on your ticket. Please note, no food and drink is allowed on the Tour itself except for bottled water.
As it is a working television set, the Tour is only available on selected weekends and Bank Holidays throughout the year.
We strive to do everything we can to meet our guests’ specific needs and are always seeking to improve the guest experience. Please read on for more information on facilities, carer tickets, wheelchair access, assistance dogs and printed scripts. If there are any questions we don’t answer, please don’t hesitate to contact us so that we can endeavour to make sure your needs and expectations are met.
Please see our main site for a map and information on public transport to the Tour. Check-in with the Admissions Team at the main entrance located on Trafford Wharf Road.
Unfortunately, we do not have accessibility parking on site. However seating will be provided for our guests while the driver parks.
There are numerous car parks in the vicinity of MediaCityUK, however the closest NCP carpark can be found next door at the Imperial War Museum North (Trafford Wharf Rd, Trafford Park, Manchester M17 1TZ)
Further details of other carparks can be found here: http://www.mediacityuk.co.uk/visit-us/getting-here/.
Booking with a Tour Operator
We work with a number of UK coach and tour companies who organise visits as part of a package. Bookings and any questions about specific Tour packages and their accessibility should be directed to the organiser or coach company.
As the Tour is based on a working TV set, there are many aspects of the Tour that we are unable to alter. The set does have some uneven surfaces, cobbles and kerbs and there are also a few steps and slopes to access certain parts of the set. The Exhibition area is fully accessible to guests, and can be accessed by lift is nessesary. The Tour is also a timed walking tour and we advise guests of the following main considerations:
- This is an active walking tour; guests are advised that they should be physically capable and prepared to walk around a street setting for up to 90 minutes.
- There is very limited seating available at locations around the set however due to the nature of the Tour, all guests should ensure that they are physically able to keep up with the Tour group.
- Due to the nature of the Tour there are raised pavements and uneven cobbled streets. Care should be taken when walking on the different surfaces, particularly if areas are wet or icy.
- The Tour is predominantly outside and guests should wear appropriate clothing for the weather condition (i.e. waterproof jacket, an umbrella, sun protection etc.). Sensible, closed footwear is strongly recommended due to the uneven nature of some areas.
- As the Tour is outside, all lighting is from natural light sources and the hours of operation reflect this.
- Guests are advised to stay hydrated during the Tour, especially on warmer days. Bottles of water are permitted on the Tour.
- Prams and pushchairs are allowed on tours but may find uneven surfaces more difficult to navigate. We advise that double-sized pushchairs or buggies will not be able to access some narrower parts of the tour. Please note we do not have storage facilities for prams or pushchairs.
- Guests visiting the Coronation Street Exhibition area can access it by lift is needed, and this area is otherwise fully accessible.
Hearing impaired guests
A printed script is available for guests with hearing difficulties: please ask your Tour guide for a copy at the start of your Tour.
Wheelchairs and mobility vehicles
Any guests who use a wheelchair must be capable of travelling throughout the length of the Tour, some parts of which will be on uneven terrain. Manual wheelchair users are likely to need to bring a personal assistant with them.
Self-propelled wheelchair users even with assistance are likely to struggle on some of the floor surfaces and as a result, may experience difficulty on some areas of the Tour.
Guests who use an electric wheelchair or mobility scooter would need to be capable of passing through a standard door opening. Guests must ensure they have sufficient battery power for the duration of the Tour.
Assistance in manoeuvring the guest using a wheelchair cannot be provided by the Tour staff.
Please note we are unable to rent or provide wheelchairs or mobility scooters to any guests. For any questions please contact us via the contact us section of the main website.
One free Carer ticket can be provided for each booking that has a paying disabled visitor and these will be issued to by the Admissions Team upon check in. Carers must provide assistance to the visitor and proof of entitlement will be required. We currently accept the following:
- Letter/notice of entitlement for Disability Living Allowance
- Letter from your doctor
- Blue parking badge or Freedom Pass
We welcome all registered guide dogs, hearing dogs and medical alert dogs. Guests wishing to attend the Tour with their assistance dog should contact us in advance to arrange this.
Please ensure you have formal identification for the dog with you when you visit, such as a jacket or relevant documentation. If your dog requires a water bowl, please ask a member of staff who will be happy to provide one at the beginning and end of the Tour.
We do not allow any other dogs or pets to enter the Tour and we are unable to look after any dogs or pets.
Toilets are available at the check in point, just inside the main barrier on Trafford Wharf Road. Please note these toilets are temporary portacabins until the new Welcome Centre is open. Accessible toilets are available inside the permanent Security building, which the Admissions Team will direct you to.
Once on the Tour, guests will need to return to the start of the Tour to use the toilets. In order to do this, they will need to alert their Tour guide and are likely to miss sections of the guided Tour.
At the the end of the Tour, guests will have the opportunity to purchase cold drinks, and cold snacks from the Gift Shop. Please note no food or drink can be taken on the Tour itself, with the exception of bottled water.
Evacuation, fire or security alert
In the event of an emergency, we have a set of evacuation procedures. Should you require help, a staff member will assist you with any evacuation.
A first aider will always be available if needed. Please say as soon as possible if any first aid is required.
Medical facilities or emergencies
Medical attention can be found at Salford Royal Hospital – Stott Lane, Salford M6 8HD (approx. 2 miles from MediacityUK). The hospital also has a 24 hour A&E department. If you or a guest are feeling unwell please speak with a member of our guest services team.
A large print version of this accessibility statement is available by contacting us via the contact us section on the main website.
We continually strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience to improve and develop our services. Guest feedback is important to help us achieve this and please contact us with any issue via the contact us page on the main website.
We want all guests to have a great experience touring the Coronation Street set and we encourage all guests to review their Tour. Below are the various ways in which to leave a comment:
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheCoronationStreetExperience
- TripAdvisor: TheCoronationStreetExperience
- Email: Please use the contact us section of the main website
We may also email surveys periodically to guests following their visit.
Last updated 05th of July 2023.